What are my wage rights?
- You have the right to be paid regularly and in full, at least monthly, and in accordance with your employment agreement or CBA.
- Your employer must provide you with a monthly account.
- Overtime records should be kept by the captain and endorsed at least monthly by you.
- Your employer must ensure that you are able to send all or part of your earnings home – you shouldn’t pay unreasonable charges for this.
- You should be paid in full any outstanding remuneration on termination of engagement
- No deductions can be made from your pay unless expressly permitted by national law or agreed in the CBA.