Acceptable Use Policy
Change low graphic options |
English | 中文 | Русский | Español
| Skip content to navigation
Page context: Home > Site Help > Acceptable Use Policy
International Transport Workers’ Federation
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may use the Site for lawful purposes only and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any third party.
You agree not to use or permit the use of the Site:
You also agree:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To collect, use or distribute any material which infringes the intellectual property rights including trade marks (whether or not registered), trade secrets, confidential information, know how, designs, patents, copyright and database rights unregistered design rights, goodwill or any other intellectual property rights or rights in any future intellectual property rights anywhere in the world
- To collect or distribute defamatory, offensive or malicious materials
- To wilfully distribute viruses including without limitation worms and trojan horses or other harmful or malicious content; to facilitate denial of service attacks; or to facilitate or enable hack attacking or the gaining of unauthorised access to any computer.
- Not to circumvent or attempt to circumvent the security of ITF's computers or the security of computers used by any third parties or any firewall or other filtering or security procedure
- To keep your user name and password confidential at all times and not disclose it to any third parties
- Not to interfere or attempt to interfere with any services provided by ITF to other users of the Site
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
The ITF may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation:
Interactive services are not moderated. Although the ITF will monitor and review interactive services, it assumes no responsibility or liability as author, editor or publisher for any material submitted to an interactive service nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations, and the ITF expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the interactive service by any person in contravention of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- My ITF email services
- Solidarity Letters
- Protest Letters
- Online Registration (Meetings, conferences, etc)
- Discussion Forums – User Profiles, Personal Photographs, Interests
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site and to any interactive services associated with it (Content).
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Content as well as to its whole.
You must own or have the right to submit the Content for publication on the Site.
Content must not:
- Be legal, honest, decent and truthful
- Comply with ITF’s objectives and all applicable laws, regulations, standards or codes of practice
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
- Be relevant
The ITF reserves the right to monitor Content and it may edit, reject or remove Content or block incoming emails and other Content which it deems do not comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Infringe copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark or other rights of any third party
- Contain any material which is libellous or defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, threatening, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to the Site and the views and opinions expressed by any contributor to the Site are not necessarily those of the ITF or of its members. To the extent permitted by law, the ITF hereby excludes responsibility and liability (express or implied, contractual, tortious or otherwise) for any Content and you shall indemnify ITF and shall keep it fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by ITF and arising directly or indirectly out of receiving, storing, using and the publication of Content submitted by you to ITF.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
If you breach this Acceptable Use Policy, the ITF may take such action as it deems appropriate including but not limited to all or any of the following actions:
The ITF also reserves the right to suspend your use of the Site at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or any other reason.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
ITF reserves the right to amend this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by posting changes online. You agree to be bound by such amendments from the date on which they are posted on the Site. If you cannot accept such amendments, you may notify ITF and cease using the Site. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
If a court holds any of the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the Acceptable Use Policy shall remain in full force.
Other pages for Home:
About Us | Contact Us | Links | Resources | Quick Links | Topics
Other pages for Site Help:
Full graphics version
ITF House, 49-60 Borough Road, London SE1 1DR | +44 20 7403 2733 | email@example.com
Copyright © 2016 International Transport Workers' Federation