What should I do if I'm not getting my rights?

You can make a complaint on board to a senior officer, the captain or the shipowner, or the flag state.

If the problem is with a shipowner, you can also raise this with the flag state or the port state.
If you make a complaint on board, you have the right to be accompanied by a representative or a fellow seafarer – and not to be victimised for making a complaint.

You can also make a complaint to a port state control (PSC) officer/labour inspector.

You don’t have to make the complaint directly - someone else (such as an ITF inspector or a welfare worker) can make it for you.